I want to confess to my blog readers, I’m not John Grisham, J.K.Rowling , Rick Riordan.I am a regular “Joe” like you scribbling some ideas on this blog, If you see any mistakes in my writing, please forgive me!!.In this blog I want to like give tips to my “For sale by Owners” clients.
I present you a real life example of 2 properties listed at the same time with in 1500 feet apart but one property listed by an agent and one is listed by owner of the property in affluent neighborhood in suburbs of Cincinnati. Both properties are in good condition, has similar comps.one home listed by the agent went to pending in 2 days and other home sitting on market. This scenario intrigued me to do some research on “What went wrong?” Remember I’m not defending Agent listed property or FSBO listing here, as neutral observer I am analyzing data/facts(with some assumptions).
During my research, II thought FSBO(For Sale by Owner) listing need improvement in these areas : 1.Social media marketing 2.Open House 3.Pricing strategy 4.Visibility.
Marketing(Social Media) - For the past ten years, Customers shopping behaviors changed due to online shopping. Customers are using brokerage website to browse real estate listings, Social media marketing plays major role to give your FSBO listing an edge compare to traditional marketing. Post your listing on Facebook, Craigslist and other social media platforms.
Open House- Social media can take your listing to wider audience but “open house” event is helpful in targeting your audience locally(Your neighborhood).Schedule your open house bi-weekly, post “open house” signs in major intersections of your neighborhood. During open house or after open house ask for feedback, this gives you an idea on listing price and your competition.
Pricing strategy - For any asset based transaction, price plays important role. To figure out a listing price for your property , Search active, pending and sold listing for past 1-2 months on brokerage websites and/or other real estate websites. Based on your search and research, list your property for that price.
Visibility- If you are using real estate websites to list your property make sure your contact number and commission(Buyer agent) is visible.You can also use our $500 MLS listing service to get other agents attention.
I love hearing from you about this article, Please share your feedback at Surya.Basava99@gmail.com.If you feel listing your property by yourself is too much of hassle and not worth your time,call me at 859-421-0716 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author:Surya Basava Phone: 859-421-0716 Dated: December 22nd 2020 Views: 153 About Surya: I'm Surya Basava Realtor at plumtree realty. If you are looking for an agent who works for you , has...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
With over 3000 realtors (yes I said 3000!) in the Lexington Bluegrass Market Area, what makes me different than the rest? I can answer that question in 1 word: NINJA!
According to ancient legend there are 10 key traits that a Ninja possesses and this is how I will apply them to you as my client.
1. Loyalty - I will loyally follow every legal request and decision that you want to make. You are in complete control and I will loyally be by your side throughout the process!
2. Bravery - Making offers, reviewing offers and negotiating repairs can be daunting. I am not afraid to tackle the tough and sometimes sensitive subjects that arise during a Real Estate transaction.
3. Strategic Knowledge - I know the market and I know it well! I study the market daily and I know how to position you in the deal by setting the right price for your home or negotiating the best possible deal for you when you are buying.
4. Diligence - In a Real Estate transaction it is important to do your homework and follow through. Sometimes a deal may seem unlikely but diligence and follow through can sometimes yield unlikely results. I will diligently represent you from contract to closing!
5. Trustworthiness - Nothing is more important than trust in such a big transaction. When embarking on perhaps the biggest transaction of your life you want someone who is honest and will ALWAYS do what he says.
6. Good Health - Strength, energy and vitality are needed especially when things get hectic in a Real Estate transaction. I am blessed with good health and I promise to give you everything I've got!
7. Responsibility - In a day when it is hard to even get someone to return a phone call or show up to do a job, I promise to return your calls promptly, arrive at appointments on time and follow through with all responsibilities that are required for as smooth a transaction as possible.
8. Ingenuity - Not all Real Estate transactions are created equal. Sometimes it may be financing, repair issues, contingencies or possession and closing date timing. Regardless of the issue I have the ability to get creative and think outside of the box.
9. Optimism - From the moment that we sign a listing agreement or submit an offer, I am optimistic that we will complete the deal! You need this kind of positivity especially when there are set backs. You will never see me frown or hear me say anything negative. Its all about keeping the right outlook and moving forward!
10. Gifted Speech - Knowing the right thing to say, how to phrase it and when to say it can sometimes be a challenge. Knowing what to say to a buyer, a seller, a lender, a home inspector, an appraiser or even another Realtor is especially important. Contracts must be written to cover your best interests and a clear head must prevail when negotiating. I have achieved valuable experience in knowing what to say, how to phrase it in a contract and when to say it during the negotiation process.
My unique value proposition and promise to you is to use all of these collective traits on your behalf to bring you a "Ninja" like experience when you buy or sell a Lexington, KY or Central KY home with me.